PREPARATION GUIDELINES FOR REVISED MANUSCRIPTS
If you are afforded the opportunity to revise and resubmit a manuscript to Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, please follow the guidelines below. The guidelines are valid for all levels of revision (first, second, etc.) unless otherwise instructed by the Editor.
(1) Follow all instructions for manuscript preparation for Initial Submissions.
(2) In addition, you must prepare a separate file with a set of detailed responses to each reviewer’s comments. This must be handled in a systematic way. The best approach is to prepare a separate set of responses for each reviewer in which you list each comment followed by your response. If the Editor has provided you with specific comments related to the revision, you must also prepare a set of detailed responses to the Editor in a similar fashion. In your responses, reference the specific location (page number / paragraph) in which you make modifications based on reviewer comments. If you do not agree with a reviewer’s comment and thus do not make a requested change, you must provide a strong rationale for this in support of your position. Your responses to reviewers should be prepared in a non-antagonistic manner, even if you disagree with a particular suggestion by a reviewer. The response file can be submitted as Word document or PDF. Please make sure that all identifying information are removed, i. e. in the document itself, but also the author information in the settings of the file.
(3) Be sure to place the JPSSM manuscript number on your set of responses to the review team. Your revision notes should be submitted together with your revised paper through the “submitting revision” option via ScholarOne.
(4) Revised manuscripts are sent back to the original reviewers for reassessment. In later rounds of revision, the Editor may make the final decision without additional reviewer input.
(5) It is the responsibility of the author(s) to complete invited revisions in a timely manner.