The process of submitting your accepted manuscript to JPSSM in final publishable form should be relatively straightforward. Please follow the guidelines below.
(1) First and foremost, re-check the entire manuscript to be certain you have followed all the instructions for manuscript preparation for Initial Submissions.
(2) Use an IBM compatible computer.
(3) MSWord and other MSOffice software are the preferred choice for submission to JPSSM. All files must be in an editable format.
(4) Create separate files for each of the following related to your manuscript:
i. The title page with author contact information
ii. The brief author sketch and acknowledgements (if any)
iii. The abstract
iv. The main paper and references
v. Each Table
vi. Each Figure
vii. Each Technical Appendix
(5) DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES IMBED TABLES, FIGURES, AND TECHNICAL APPENDICES IN THE MAIN BODY OF THE MANUSCRIPT.
(6) As indicated in the “Information for Contributors” referenced above: “Footnotes are to be avoided. In the extraordinary case in which a footnote is needed, number it in the body of the text and place the note text just before the references.” This would appear in the main paper file on your floppy disks. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE AUTOMATIC FOOTNOTING FEATURE IN YOUR WORD PROCESSOR.
(7) Submit your materials including a separate cover letter document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you identify the various software used to create your files (including the version), this can be in the body of your e-mail.